Sly Cat Gallery announces a call for entries for our June show with the theme Narrative.
Tell a story. Convey an experience. Express an emotion. Share a journey.
Stories are a critical part of the human experience, they teach lessons and pass along knowledge, point out the flaws of society, and can inspire emotion through empathy.
These are the only guidelines, whether they are followed to a tee or used as a loose interpretation is up to you as an artist. What is it that you have to share?
All art forms are welcome, 2D, 3D, painting, printmaking, drawing, photography, ceramic, sculpture, poetry, fabric, and book art. If it can be displayed, be it hung on a wall, set on a pedestal, it is eligible; however, our ability to display digital media art (that is not printed) is limited, and if selected will require more setup time and cooperation between gallery and artist.
Artwork must be submitted via email by Sunday, May 28th. Artist will be contacted by June 6th. Arrangements for artwork being dropped off at the gallery will be made at that time, and further instructions will be given. All artwork must be display ready, not rolled up in a tube. Framing art is encouraged but not required.
Artworks will be placed for sale in accordance to the agreed upon amount by the artist and gallery, though the work can be specified as not for sale (NFS) we encourage artists to place their work up for sale as our wall space is limited.
We look forward to experiencing your story, and can't wait for our patrons to go on a journey that you create.
- Send an email to email@example.com with several (high quality) pictures of the work or works you wish to submit for the show.
- Must include the works title, medium, dimensions, year of completion, and a brief description of how it follows the theme.
- Title the email: “Narrative show submission” followed by your name.
- Submission deadline: May 28th
- Our open call show themed "Narrative" requires submission via email by May 28th. By submission we simply mean an email with attached images of the works, the story or description, dimensions, medium, title, date created, and a commitment that the works will be available for display for the duration of the show.
- Contact deadline: June 6th
- We will contact you and provide further instructions
- Show: June 25th 6-9pm
- Work will remain up for 6 weeks